Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Tropical Frenzy



Aloha ,
A photo can inspire a story. Stories from a photo can be a photo essay. Stories tell of the most memorable part of the image. Let's compose with the idea of story today. Enjoy!

Poetry For Our Times: The Unlit Farmhouse

Let me tell you what I know speaking easy soft and slow
Can you hear me I can only guess yet your eyes answer yes
The story starts so long ago comparative splendor most never know
Beginning as bubbles rising from brew in an unlit farmhouse or two

I know because I myself was there but no gambler's grimace I did wear
Emotion's elastic laughterby the fire kept warm the family from outside ire
Competing for attention with smiles abound awake in a home where love was found
Sift through my thoughts and still I see small children abound as Mother would read

Tears and laughter flowed so electric simple stories never eclectic
Impoverished hordes outside remained I only heard the story as it rained
Desire in the night only to learn as the fire gave light and wood would burn
The truth of the trill gave ourchances as creative thoughts did their little dance

The need of life to face the lonely to wash and shine and not be the only
Yet the thrill of the chase when I am alone wakes me soon takes me back to that home
Curry the favor of lifes little choices and still hear the call of those little voices
Poets of our time will seek their glory yet each one alone still tells their own story

1 comment:

Unknown said...

...onymous :)

wow stimuli overload, neurons firing everywhere! enough to trigger my tear ducks to overflow... This is so beautiful and warm! thank you :)